I’m really happy to say that I was nominated for a Liebster Award. Thanks, Jonia. for nominating me! You can read her lovely blog here.
1. Post 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator has asked you
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers
4. Ask them 11 other questions
5. Let them know that you’ve nominated them
11 random facts about me
1. I’m 19.
2. The series that got me hooked on comics was Sin City.
3. I used to go through Y.A. books like water, but I only read non-fiction, short stories, and blogs now.
5. I used to be a Communications major before I became a Marketing major.
6. I have a large family! My family consists of my mom. dad, and ten siblings.
7. I’m really close with my family.
8. I love “reading” movies. Basically, I watch the trailer on Youtube, then I read the summary on Wikipedia.
9. I’m a contributor at ourvoicesmatternow.wordpress.com.
10. I’m really into personal finance. I did a custom presentation on personal finance with two other people, and I’m organizing an event on how to increase your credit score at my university.
11. One of my favorite features on Youtube is its speed feature. I’ve been known to put it on 2x speed on a regular basis.
My answers to the 11 questions
1. What is your favorite app to use? For blogging and personal use
Habitica!!! I use this app for blogging and personal use. Habitica turns your to-do list and your goals into a RPG game. When you check things off your to-do list or keep up with a new habit, you get points that help you level up your character in the app. Likewise, if you don’t complete your daily tasks you lose points.
When you reach level 10, you can choose between being a healer, warrior, rogue, or mage. Plus, you can go on quests with others in Habitica. Two of my sisters and I go on quests together.
2. If you can only wear one makeup brand for the rest of your life, which brand would you choose?
Although it sounds silly, the closest I’ve been to wearing makeup is chapstick, so this is a hard one. I don’t know if I’ll start wearing some in the future, so I’ll go with none for now.
3. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Learning new skills! I get bored if I’m stuck in the same routine, and blogging offers so many opportunities to try new things. When I talk about new skills, I’m referring to both technical and social skills. Thanks to blogging, I’ve been getting better at maintaining long distance friendships and implementing my ideas.
4. Who is your celebrity crush?
For now, Cole Sprouse is my celebrity crush. I might be a little too obsessed with Riverdale.
5. If you can travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I would travel to France. I want to practice my French.
6. Who do you get inspiration from when blogging?
I mostly use my experience as inspiration.
7. Do you have a talent? If so, what is your talent?
One of my talents is public speaking. For most people, public speaking is scary, but I love the thrill before I speak, especially if I care and understand my topic. It also helps that I’m a world class daydreamer, so I visualize my presentation go very well and that gives me confidence.
8. What is your favorite Disney Movie?
9. If you were in the circus, what kind of performer would you be?
I would be the escape artist. I have no athletic prowess at all, so anything that requires strength wouldn’t work for me. Being an escape artist would be perfect because I have time to perfect my tricks. I would be able to perfect my tricks before I perform.
10. Cake or Pie?
Cake all the way! Ice cream cake is in a class of its own.
11. What inspired you to start blogging?
I fell in love with reading blogs after reading a couple of personal finance blogs. From there, it got me thinking that creating a blog would be a lot of fun and a great way to learn new skills. After over a year of waiting, I finally started because I wanted a change to my routine.
People I nominate
Camille from Des Mots et Une Fille
Charlotte from Letters From Sunshine
Sami from Broke and Scraping
Alexandra from The Girls in Curls
Jessica from Jessica’s Scrapbook
Kat from Kat’s Day
Cameron from Diary of a Southern Millennial
Andrea from The Andrea Luna
Katherine from Slightly Savvy
Kaitlyn from Life in a Poppy Patch
Carolin from Living Brave
11 questions for the nominees to answer
1. If you can choose three superpowers, what would they be?
2. For one week, all of your obligations will be taken care of by others. What would you do with all that free time?
3. What are you excited to work on next?
4. What tv/book/movie/song universe do you wish you could visit in real life? (ex. Harry Potter universe, Inkheart universe, etc)
5 .What have you improved on the most?
6. What do you like the most about blogging?
7. What do you like the least about blogging?
8. Which canceled t.v. show would you bring back?
9. What is something that you feel everyone should try at least once?
10. You can send a message to either your future or past self. When you send the message, your past and future self know that you’re the real deal. The message can only be a minute long which is close to 110 words. What message would you send and would you send it to your past self or future self?
11. What would the perfect society look like to you?
Thanks again, Jonia, for nominating me! Check out her blog at joniamac.com!